This is a simple crochet pattern, it’s not super creative (nor is the name) but I am so backed up on my patterns and Christmas gifts something simple like this helps.
I decided to make a jar cover to go on a jar for a Christmas gift, I tried a pattern I found on Ravelry, now there’s nothing wrong with the pattern but mine did not turn out right, I think it was my yarn. So I undid all the work and started over with my own pattern.
This is a great way to spruce up any jars you make or buy as gifts, I got a jar of something for a relative for Christmas and wanted to make it nicer. I love how this turned out, and I hope it helps anyone that wants to add a little something to any gifts or just to decorate.
All terms are in US
MR – Magic Ring
CH – Chain
SP – Space
SS – Slip Stitch
DC – Double Crochet
FO – Fasten Off
SK – Skip
Hook size G/6 4.25mm
Cotton yarn (I used peaches & Creme but I think any worsted weight yarn would be ok)
Contrasting color yarn OR Ribbon
MR OR Ch 5 ss to make ring
~Ch 2’s at beginning of rounds do NOT count as first stitch, Ch 4 and Ch 5 do count as first stitch~
1) Ch 2, 13 dc in ring, ss to join
2) Ch 2, 2dc in each stitch, ss to join – 26 stitches
3) Ch 4, dc in first stitch, *Sk1, dc, Ch 1, dc* (makes V stitch) ss loosely to third Ch to join
4) Ch 2, *2dc in Ch sp (not the stitch just in the open space), 2dc in dc of previous round* dc in ss of previous round – 51 stitches
5) Ch 5, dc in first stitch *Sk2, dc, Ch 2, dc* (makes larger V stitch) ss loosely to third Ch to join
6) Ch 2, *3dc in Ch sp, 3dc in dc of previous round* 3dc in ss of previous round – 102 stitches
FO and weave in the ends
Ch 100 of contrasting color or cut ribbon long enough to wrap around and make a bow on the jar, weave the tie into round 5 (large V stitch)
Place on your jar, tighten the tie and enjoy!
Like I said it’s simple but nice, I didn’t have any contrasting color of yarn so I just used the same yarn for my test cover. If there are any problems or you have any questions let me know! Happy Crocheting!
This pattern is for private use only. Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form. If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.
Please do not make and sell this item.